Sunday, May 31, 2009

White Flowers Blooming Today


White flowers are blooming in my yard today. When I get the newspaper in the morning I stop by the front sidewalk to pick more lily of the valley. I hold them to my nose as I bring them in and sit them in juice glasses in the kitchen and bathroom. I love their smell. Lily of the valley smell brings me back to junior high days. I believe Avon had a perfume stick with that same fragrance. The tiny bell shaped flowers are modest and hide themselves in the blade like leaves. These delicate flowers are surprisingly hardy; able to thrive in the shade of the black walnut tree which kills just about every other plant around. The other white flower is my big and showy bridal veil shrub.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...