Monday, June 1, 2009

Enemies Of My Garden


I look out my kitchen window to peek at my chickens and what do I see? Two enemies, lying in the tall grass, licking their lips while waiting for my carrots, bok choy, peppers, tomatoes, beans, potatoes, sunflowers and pumpkins to grow. On the near side of the canoe sits a rabbit. On the far side of the canoe, lies a white tail deer, relaxing on the path I mowed. I'm still looking for some garden netting to protect my valuables. I heard that mono filament fish line strung a few inches off the ground around the perimeter of the garden will frighten deer from proceeding. This trick only works a few weeks. I'll wait until I think they're ready to start eating before stringing that up.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...