Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ticket To Ride

I bought two airline tickets to Providence and a place to stay in Newport. We'll be going to Rhode Island in July to attend Offspring #1's graduation from Officer Candidate School. I'm lucky because I'll be seeing the Atlantic and the Pacific this calendar year. I love to see the ocean. One other year I saw both coasts but I drove to Oregon and Connecticut. Flying will be a luxury. I'm excited to see him again and to spend some time on the Eastern seaboard. I look forward to the quaint roads and beautiful hydrangea bushes. I've been on a few Navy bases before but that part is still exciting for me. My only question is this; how did I become old enough to be the mother of an officer candidate? Seems to me he was a precocious 5 year old just yesterday! Where has the time gone? I don't feel old enough to be this old. When did I pass by the Debra Winger age? Does this mean Richard Gere will NEVER come to my work and carry me off? Must I give up that dream?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...