Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting Better




I think I'm getting better at navigating on two wheels. How can I tell? When I check my speedometer when driving in 50 mph zones, I sometimes have to let up on the gas instead of increasing it. I often travel along Bunker or Hanson Boulevards and last year it was all I could do to go as fast as 50 mph. Now, 50 seems much easier. Another accomplishment is remembering that the light on 89th Ave NE and Polk will not recognize little old me. I can sit there for days and the light won't change. I just can't seem to trigger it to recognize my presence. The cars that line up behind me get very annoyed. Some cars have even passed me and gone through a red light creating a situation more dangerous than if I had run the red light myself. So now I remember to turn off a couple blocks before 89th, take some back roads, and enter 89th on Pierce.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...