Thursday, May 14, 2009

Handle With Care

"Handle With Care" by Jodi Picoult
I had to read this book in a hurry, curse those 10 day loans at the library. I'm a big Jodi Picoult fan and I don't like being hurried so I had to read it faster than what was comfortable. I enjoyed every chapter. This story is about a family who's child is born with a brittle bone disorder. Picoult explores the family drama with tenderness and sympathy. The mother decides to sue the OB (who is/was also her best friend) for a wrongful birth. This means she has to testify in court that she would have aborted this child had she known of the disease. The mother pursues the court case to help her daughter by providing money for her expenses while paying the cost of loosing her best friend, her marriage, and the trust of her children. The author throws recipes in several chapters to illustrate themes of the novel.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...