Thursday, July 8, 2010

Garden Scenes From This Morning


Here is the bluebird house I won at the purple martin festival. A sibling provided the re bar and conduit pole that squirrels and raccoons should not be able to climb.

My rain barrel is a lovely addition. I love how it looks. I love using the water for the chickens, the potted plants, or rinsing off sandy feet, tools and hands before going in the house.


The grape vines are smothering my cherry bushes. I went to pull them off and got yelled at by the chipping sparrows.



Chipping Sparrow nest is found inside the grape vines covering the cherry bush. The chipping sparrows yells at me when I get near even though the nest is empty. I guess I can leave the grape vines alone a little longer.




Here is the garden. Tomatoes in the front. Brussels sprouts and peppers on the left. Carrots on the right. Onions and garlic going across about half way down. Straight rows on corn and squash on the left farthest away. Two very crooked rows of peas and sunflowers on the right farthest away. New garden post (scene of left thumb accident) on the far right close to the wooden compost bin. The deer have eaten all the sunflowers not covered by the deer netting.





Perennials by the garden wall.

I like the sepia tone on this one because it emphasizes the sun shining on the basswood tree.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...