Thursday, July 22, 2010

Motorcycle Update

In case you were curious, the mechanic called about my old bike. The problem was the clutch plate fell off inside the motor. The bolts that held it on had jiggled loose. A loose bolt jammed the motor. I knew I heard the sound of something falling so now that is explained. The repairs were a couple hundred dollars less than he predicted. He offered me the bike and title back for the cost of the parts and labor plus what he paid me for it. As much as I loved my first bike, I fell in love with the bigger one on the way home from the dealer. I did not want the old one back. He said he would sell it to someone else for $100 more than he offered me because he'd have to transfer the title. A friend of mine is interested in buying it. We shall see how serious she is.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I parked right by your new bike today as I picked the guys up from Achieve.
Nice.

Sue said...

Thanks Dianne!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...