Friday, April 29, 2011

Why My Eyes Are Red and Bleary

My eyes are red and bleary because I got up at 4 a.m. to watch the royal wedding this morning.  Well, not up exactly, but I did turn on the television and watch from the comfort of my bed.  I was only going to turn it on for a moment.  When I saw William and Harry arrive at Westminster Chapel I was hooked.  And why do I get so hooked on this royalty stuff?  I don't believe one person is better than any other.  So why was I awake at 4 in the blessed morning?  I think it's because I was there.  In 2002 I walked through Westminster Abbey and St. James Park.  I stood in front of Buckingham Palace on the Queen's 75th birthday.  I saw her sitting in her carriage with her lime green coat, lime green hat, and holding her lime green purse.  I saw that when the horses started to go, the Queen lost her balance and fell back hard on the back seat of her carriage.  Also Diana and I had some things in common.  We got married about the same time and had two children at about the same time.  And thirdly, I think William and Harry have more to teach us about civilized behavior than their elders.  And that is why my eyes are red and bleary.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...