Sunday, April 17, 2011

In The Newspaper

I was at an event on Saturday night. A woman I know came up to me, smiled, and said, "I saw you in the newspaper." 

I answered, "You are kidding." 

"No,"  she says, "You have a bunch of stuff in your arms and you are looking at some artwork."

"How was my hair?" I ask.

A week earlier I had gone to the master gardeners landscaping classes.  I remember a photographer taking my picture and name but I didn't think he was going to really use it.  Perhaps it was my flowered sweater that caught his eye.  Anyway, yep, she was right.  I bought a copy of the Anoka Union today and there I am.  In color.  The hair looks good too.  My photo is not in the on-line version of the article.  I didn't do anything to deserve a  photo in the paper.  I committed no crime.  I did not perform any good deeds or heroic acts.  All I did was admire some artwork. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...