Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kelly is on Walkabout

Kelly is on walkabout.  She and her sisters were free ranging around the yard last night.  When it came to be bedtime, Meredith and Pamela came running to the coop but no Kelly.  I walked around the yard, through the woods, and on the street looking for her with no success.  Last night I dreamed I caught her in the lake where she was swimming with the loons and ducks.  I was hoping to see her this morning or when I got home from work but she's not there.  About 18 months ago Meredith went on a walkabout and wasn't found for 10 days.  Meredith crossed the road.  Why?  She chose a beautiful house on the Rum River to relocate and I really couldn't blame her.  If I were to choose a different house to move into, I would have chosen the same one.   I posted Kelly's absence on facebook.  I kept the "Lost Chicken" sign from last time and put it up in the same spot. That sign is how Meredith was found.  Lets hope it works for Kelly as well.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...