Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Most Interesting Social Worker In The World

I went to a retirement party tonight for a friend of mine, Bill.  The agenda was the man, the myth, the legend.  The celebration was at Serum's in Anoka.  This event was worthy of the man who retired.  One segment was especially funny.  The message was Bill is the most interesting social worker in the world.  Bill is so charming, a mugger gave Bill his wallet.  Bill is so talented, he considers any practice to be cheating.  Bill is so good at paperwork, the state department of Human Services asks him to audit their files.  Bill had only one awkward moment in his life; he set it up so he could know how what it felt like.  Bill knows six languages; and three of those languages only he knows how to speak.  I left after Bill's coworkers sang him a song.  I was glad to be a part of a retirement party for such a great guy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I know who you are talking about but can't think of his last name. A tall lanky sort of man with a distinguished full crop of graying whitish hair.

I can just picture him coming in the front door and going into conference room A.

Dang why can't I remember last names. Guess I've been gone from Achieve too long. I still love seeing ex coworkers and consumers at many activity functions.

Sue said...

Yep, that was him. Nice guy too. Always professional yet willing to show a good sense of humor. He was easy to get along with.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...