Monday, March 5, 2012

Band Concert

A friend of mine plays the flute in the North Suburban Concert band.  I went to see a performance on Sunday.  As it turns out I know two women who play in the band.  One plays the flute and the other plays the clarinet.  I have never played in a band or an orchestra.  I've never been involved in musical performance other than the church choir in elementary school.  I wonder what it must be like to be involved in a band performance.  I imagine it would be great fun to be surrounded by and a part of all that music.  I wonder what it feels like to have your lungs be a part of your performance?  Is the music marked when to inhale and when to exhale?  And if I could choose, what instrument would I play?  I think the tuba would be fun to try.  The french horn sounds beautiful but the tuba would be a hoot.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...