Sunday, March 11, 2012

I tapped my maple trees today.  I am not expecting a bumper crop of sap because the weather is too warm.  Did we go right from winter into summer without spring?  I thought I would give syruping another try.  I found several bright red bugs crawling around the base of the maple trees.  It was so nice out I decided to do some other outdoor chores.  I cleaned the chicken coop.  I cut down three trees that were shading the garden.  The second tree was stubborn so I kicked it and yelled, "Chuck Norris!"  The tree fell right down.  I found a hole in my driveway that has me baffled.  The hole is at least 14 inches deep and it has an even 2 inch diameter.  What on earth dug a hole through 2 inches of class five gravel?  Did something dig it's way out or did something dig it's way down?  And where did they put the sand and gravel because it's not laying on the side of the hole?   I think it's a little early for snapping turtles.  Did a squirrel or chipmunk do this?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...