Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Not A Drop

Not a single drop of sap has come out of the maple trees since I tapped them two days ago.  I knew the sap would run best when the weather is in the 40's during the day and below freezing at night.  I did not know sap would not run at all in this warm weather.  Well, this is Minnesota.  Wait a couple minutes and the weather will change.  To tell the truth, I like these warm days more than I like maple syrup.  I'm itching to get out on the motorcycle.  My driveway has dried up enough to be passable now.  It's too dark in the morning for me to use it to commute to work.  And I really should wait until the sand is swept off the streets.  Seeing other bikers makes it so tempting!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...