Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Signs of Spring

I am getting some maple sap.  The tap on the right side is leaking and getting the trunk all wet and sticky.
This week my largest red oak threw off all her clothes and left them lying around the yard.
This evergreen looks especially green today.  Evidence of a saw fly infestation (3 years ago?) on lower left side.
Not really a sign of spring because a doe has to do what she has to doo doo all year long.
Iris' sword like leaves poking up through the duff.

3 comments:

Cajo said...

3 years? I thought it was almost 10...

Cajo said...

The sawfly infestation, I mean.

Sue said...

Really? Maybe it was ten. No, I am sure it can't be more than five.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...