Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Time

I rode my bike for the first time this year.  Some coordination was involved.  Finding the necessary equipment (jacket, helmet, keys, boots, gloves, sunglasses).  I also had to find my motorcycle garage door opener.  I have one garage door opener that works only in warm weather and one that works in all weather.  It sure felt good to be on two wheels again.; totally worth the "helmet hair."  Beginning of season mileage?  5150.  First trip was to the gym for a workout. 

PS As I type this, the male hairy woodpecker chased off  female downy woodpecker off the suet feeder.  Did she give up?  No, she merely moved down into to the flower pot beneath the suet feeder to eat the suet crumbs.  I hope those woodpeckers finish that suet before it goes rancid in this warm weather.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...