Thursday, August 14, 2014

24 Robbers

At work today a coworker asked for stickers with the words up, down, and ground.  That brought to my mind an old jump roping song.  I couldn't quite remember how it went.  That is no surprise.  There is a lot of things I can't quite remember.  I knew it had something to
do with 24 robbers came knocking at the door. This brings me back to my childhood, the innocent days before arthritis kicked in.  Here is how the old song went:

Not last night
Not last night, but the night before
24 Robbers came knocking at my door
As I ran out (Run out of the jump rope)
They ran in (Run back in the jump rope and start jumping again)
I asked them what they wanted and this is what they said:
Spanish dancer turn around (turn ½ turn each time you jump)
Spanish dancer touch the ground (touch ground once when you are jumping)
Spanish dancer give a high kick (kick in the air once)
Spanish dancer get out before you miss (get out of the jump rope)
 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...