Monday, August 4, 2014

Time To Change My Approach

Now is the time to change my approach to these early morning fox visits to the chicken coop.  I realize this after the fourth visit in four days.  I noticed this morning that this fox is skinny.  Seriously skinny.  Skinny like a long red pencil with four legs.  I think it's starving.  In a way that is good because maybe the fox will move on to another neighborhood with more rabbits and mice and food to eat.  In any case, now is the time for me to change tactics.  When the fox comes to bother my chickens I need to remain calm and quiet.  No more yelling out of the window, stomping on the deck and shaking my fist no matter how much my girls are panicking.  Instead I should quietly walk to the deck, gather my slingshot and ammo, aim and fire.  I hope I don't strike a chicken.  I can be adaptable when the situation calls for it.  I'm pretty sure I'll have a chance to try my new approach around 5:30 tomorrow morning.  .

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...