Friday, August 22, 2014

Here On Earth

I judged this book by the cover.  First I saw a dragonfly and then, in large letters, the name Alice Hoffman.  My hand reached for it immediately.  I love Alice Hoffman who wrote Dovekeepers, Practical Magic, and The Red Garden.  She is a magical writer and this book was no exception.  This book has a villain named Hollis.  At first you think that maybe he's misunderstood or that people are making false assumptions against him because he's from a poor family.  This is a story about how reckless and destructive love can be sometimes.  Good old Alice Hoffman.  She hasn't written a book I haven't liked.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...