Saturday, August 9, 2014

New Approach Doesn't Work Like I Hoped

Eight days have passed since the last fox appearance and the formulation of my plan to try a different approach.  So this morning while I was lying in bed awake feeling grateful for waking up naturally instead of to an alarm, I heard in the chicken voices that a fox was near.  Yes, I can understand chicken talk now.  The fox wasn't beside the coop but the chickens could see it.  So I decided to deploy my new approach.  No more yelling out the window. Instead I silently got up, grabbed the slingshot, put five BB's in my hand and approached the deck door.  I could tell by the chicken talk that the fox had withdrawn some.  I looked and the fox was looking at me!  It had already withdrawn to the edge of the yard.  I had my hand on the deck door and watched as the fox stopped looking at me, went down my mown path toward the side road and cut through the thick poison ivy into my neighbor's yard.  How did the fox know my new plan?  Can it read my mind or does it read my blog?  The wily fox!?!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...