Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Wood Stork

This week on the bird lovers listserve I've read about a wood stork hanging out since late last week.  I've never seen a stork before. I would very much like to see a stork.  So I looked up on a map where the stork is hanging out with some egret friends.  This wood stork chose to hang out on one of my favorite roads to motorcycle down, namely county road 4 north and east of Hugo headed east toward Marine on the St. Croix.  The stork is on county road 4 and Manning Trail North.  What are the chances?  So tomorrow, after work, should I go to the gym and work out like usual or take the bike down one of my favorite roads and possibly see a stork for the very first time in my life?  I think this might be worth skipping the gym.  No doubt people will post tomorrow if the stork is still there.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...