Saturday, August 30, 2014

Paris

I read Paris by Edward Rutherford.  It was good but it was l.o.n.g.  Very long.  I listened to it on CD.  Most books are 8 or 10 cd's long.  A real long book has 12 cds.  This historical novel had 30.  Each one is about an hour so this book was 30 hours of listening.  Never once did I think about quitting though because the story was fascinating.  The author uses the family of various ranks in society to tell the story of the city.  Most of the story took place in the last 3 centuries.  I learned about the Eiffel Tower, the Inquisition, the French Revolution, Monet, Dega, Charles DeGaulle and the Nazi occupation.  I learned quite a bit about the city of Paris as well.  This book would be a good one to read before and/or after a trip to the city of Paris.  If only my history classes in school were this interesting! 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...