Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Drive

Today I went for a drive in the country.  I believe my yard is at it's most colorful peak today and much of the countryside was down right beayootiful.  I brought some squash soup and mini spinach pies to a family reunion in Harris.  I enjoyed being with people who knew me when I was a girl.  I met one man.  He's the brother of an aunt.  I thought I was meeting him for the very first time.  He looked at me and said "I remember playing with you when you were a little girl."  I don't remember that.  I also don't remember that he got a hold of a bb gun and shot out the headlights and all the windows of my Grandpa's car. Funny story!  When asked why he did that he explained that he could really see the impact of the bb when he struck the glass.  Makes sense to me. I cannot imagine the reaction of my Grandfather.  I could tell this man wasn't so happy that his misbehavior was brought up again but I found it entertaining. Everything about this trip was entertaining - the scenery, the food, the fudge (2 pieces), the company and the conversations. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...