Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Long Way Home

After cooking and cleaning all day my cousin and I decided to take the long way back to the farm.  We visited another adjacent farm.  I opened the gate and she drove in.

The cattle here misunderstood.  They assumed we came in to fill their feeder with food.

They ran with the car toward the feeder.  They were booking it.

I talked to the cows through the open window as I took their photos. "Oooh, you are looking pretty today.  You look marvelous.  Have you been working out?"

But the cows don't fall for my flattery.  We have turned our car around to leave and they stand in front of us with expectant looks on their faces.  "Where is our hay?" they seem to be asking.

I see some anger in their eyes.  These are dirty looks I'm getting.  I remember that more people are killed by cows than sharks every year.

We move slowly and don't touch any cows but they don't move willingly.

At the end of the line is this big boy.  I notice his muscular physique and burly shoulders before I notice he's not a girl.  We speed up a little bit and get the heck out of Dodge.  Well, that was fun.  A little excitement always adds to a good trip.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...