Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

I work with a woman who grew up in Romania.  Since one section of Romania is known as Transylvania, the home of Dracula, I had to know, do Romanians celebrate Halloween?  She said in some parts of the Romania they do.  "In the country," she explained, "not so much."  I guess the same is true here.  I'm not country but no trick or treaters have come to my door for a couple years.  I didn't buy any candy this year but if someone shows up I suppose I could share my dark Dove chocolates.  In Romania they go door to door, in costume, to ask for candy much like they do here. My friend also told me that on Christmas day, December 25, it is a custom to dress in animal costumes (bears, rabbits, or deer.  That would be a fun tradition to start. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...