Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Good Example

Today I went to a funeral of a woman that I have known for 26 years.  I didn't know her well but we saw each other a couple times a year on a regular basis.  Now, after attending her funeral, I wished we had spent more time together chatting because her life was so interesting.  She grew up in North Dakota.  She attended a mission school and served in the armed forces.  After marriage she took care of her family.  Her husband died young.  Her young daughter accidentally fell and suffered a brain injury.  She devoted most of her life to taking care of her daughter and she did it well, with great humor, with creativity, and with enthusiasm.  She was an amazing woman and I am honored that I got the chance to know her.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Just reading this makes me think it's Mrs. Borseth who's funeral you attended. If so that saddens me. Too many deaths either family members or close acquaintances this year already.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...