Monday, March 2, 2015

Gradual

It's back to the gym for me this month of March and wow, I can tell I've been taking it easy for the past 9 weeks.  I am building up my routine gradually but as soon as I get on a piece  of equipment my heart rate shoots up much faster than it used to.  I find I can get to the 85% of my maximum heart rate with much less effort than it took in December.  I really had to work hard to get over 145 bpm before but now it is easy.  I've read that cardio exercise is like making love to your heart and lungs.  My heart and lungs can feel the difference and boy, it feels good.  Tonight I swam six round trip laps and although it took me longer to swim than it used to, I felt good and actually could have swam more but I didn't want to overdo it.  Now my back and arms are back in alignment.  I feel 10 years younger.  Exercise: the fountain of youth.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...