Thursday, March 26, 2015

Apricot

We're working on a new database at work.  Excel just isn't cutting it anymore.  A little over a year ago my employers decided to go with the Access program.  I personally put at least 40 hours into working with the Access program before it died in a hideous HIPPA violation death.  I had a hard time letting Access go.  I felt like I was bringing a puppy back to the pet store after spending a week training it to behave.  But it wasn't my choice so I let it go.  Now we're working with Apricot.  Four of us are inputting tons of confidential information into this cloud based program.  Besides inputting the data we are linking bits of data to other bits of data.  The work is hard at first but goes faster as we get used to it.  In an effort to maintain uniformity I started a round of emails between the four of us asking questions.  Our process involves linking a variety of staff.  Since my job is different in that I work with everyone I sent an email stating I was not linking myself to everyone.  We could all save time this way.  One of the four data inputters had been adding me as a link.  But then as a group we decided it wasn't necessary.  So this person said he would not link me anymore.  Next came an email that made me think of a movie and kinda made my heart swell a little.  He wrote "I wish I knew how to delete you."


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...