Sunday, March 8, 2015

Spring Is Close - I Can Just Tell


Today I could tell spring was in the air.  I could just tell.  I saw my very first snow flea.  I read about them but never saw one before.  Snow was melting and water gathered in my driveway.  I dug a little ditch so the water could drain off the driveway.  I have to do this every spring or I end up with mud up to my hubcaps if I don't.  I love the sound of water dropping down the gutter down spout.  When I took the trash out to the street, I decided to walk around the block wearing tennis shoes, khaki pants and a green polo.  This is exactly how I looked because, golly, I really like being outside without insulating myself against the cold so much that I can hardly bend my limbs.  I really like being outside without my shoulders hunched up to keep the north wind off my neck. Gives me the opportunity to look up at the bare trees against a blue sky and to see the red bellied woodpeckers singing love songs to each other.  I really like being outside and feeling the warmth of the sun on my back.  I really like being outside and inhaling deeply without feeling each individual hair in my nose freeze at attention.  Today was a beautiful day. I even saw my first motor cycle out on the road.  Please excuse the dancing man. I found a new website with free gif's you can copy to illustrate every emotion.  I seem to be hooked.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...