Monday, March 23, 2015

Before shrinking in hot water.
After a couple years of not knitting, my fingers are knitting again.  First I had to complete a felted purple bag for Offspring #2.  That project had to come first because I bought the yarn for it a couple years ago.  I knitted the bag first and it was big, really big.  If I put the straps on my shoulders the bag hung down to my knees.  I tossed it in a pillow protector and into the washing machine.  The pillow protector prevents purple yarn from getting all over my washing machine.  In hot water I washed the bag five times.  I guess my ancient water heater isn't heating the water as hot as it used to because after five washing, the bag still hadn't shrunk to the point where I was satisfied.  I heat my biggest pasta pot of water to the point of boiling on the stove and added that to the washer.  I had to do that twice before the bag felted to a reasonable size.  I think it turned out pretty good. After washing I laid it flat to dry with some air bags that came with an Amazon shipment inside to keep a purse like shape. It feels good to have completed a project.  Now I am on to my next knitting project.  This project is in a finer thread of yarn and in a celery green color for a new person coming into my life.  More about that later.  

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...