Friday, April 17, 2015

A Spool of Blue Thread

I loved every word of Anne Tyler's A Spool of Blue Thread.   I love her writing.  This book didn't have much of a plot.  The story is about 4 generations of the Whitshank family living in Baltimore.  But in Tyler's description of the Whitshanks I found myself, members of my family, and some of my friends.  There is a black sheep, jealous siblings, sons who take after or deliberately do not take after their fathers, and people who put the needs of their family above their own needs.  Like in other Tyler novels that I have read, even the black sheep are loveable.  Funny, tragic and moving, I love everything Anne Tyler has written.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...