Thursday, April 9, 2015

Little Dot

A friend and I were chatting last night about the good old days when life was simpler or at least it seemed simpler to us because we were young.  One of the things we remembered was the little girls.  There was Little Dot, a cute cartoon character who was obsessed with dots.  She might be the reason I'm still in the market for a cute dress with extra large polka dots.  Polka dots seem simultaneously sophisticated and innocent to me.  There was also Little Audrey.  She was a friend of Richie Rich who had his own show and was better known.  Lastly, there was Little Lotta and there was nothing little about Little Lotta.  Well, I guess they didn't have the charisma of Spiderman but I did enjoy Little Dot.  She loved polka dots.  We don't know why she loved polka dots but I'm pretty sure she wasn't bitten by a spider.  She didn't have any special powers.  Maybe I wasn't the most discerning fan but I liked Little Dot.  She had thick legs like me and she liked polka dots.  She was proud of her fondness for polka dots and took steps to surround herself with what she liked.  What's not to like?  Little Dot had her own special brand of polka dotty charisma.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...