Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

A month ago I read a fictional historical novel about the wife of Robert Louis Stevenson.  That spurred me to want to read his writing.  That is why I read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  He writes in the Gothic British style (ever so many extra words!)  The plot is amazing but the writing, well, maybe I'm not one to judge.  I thought his writing was extremely wordy but that was the writing style of that time.  In any case, I don't think Robert should have been as arrogant about his writing as he seemed to be.  The story was good but could have been much shorter.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...