Monday, April 13, 2015

Ribbit!

Frog season is coming up.  I have already heard chorus frogs and wood frogs.  So it is time for me to study for and pass the NAAMP (North American Amphibian Monitoring Program) frog quiz.  I took it tonight and passed the first time. I am all set for our frog route near Kroschel, MN.   Mink frogs sound like the distant hammering of nails.  I actually saw a mink frog once.  A biologist trapped it and brought it out from the bottom of a wetland.  And phew!  It smelled like a mink.  And a mink smells a little bit like a skunk.  Mink frogs are rare.  I've only heard them once.  Mink frogs sound like the distant hammering of nails.  See if you agree.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...