Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Electric Boots, A Mohair Suit

Today at the gym a song took me away from the mind numbing drudgery of lifting weights in 3 sets of 12.  This song took me to the 1970's and I'm visiting a couple of girlfriends in their upstairs bedroom on Lovell Avenue just west of Victoria.  I was friends with two sisters. One of them was my age and the other was a year younger.  We sat in their bedroom exchanging beauty secrets, gossip, dancing and singing together to this song.  This song, the BEST SONG EVER WRITTEN was fun to sing together.  I thought we were especially good at the falsetto parts and the stuttery parts.  These two women were great fun.  Even their Mom was fun.  She welcomed my visits and remembered my name and I appreciated that. I still have her recipe for Russian tea cake cookies.  I love how a song can transport me.




No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...