Sunday, October 2, 2016

Another Perfect Day

We have been blessed with a series of perfect days. The sun shines on us and the temperature in the afternoon rises to 75 degrees.  Wow!  I could have used that time to prepare my property for winter, waxing the car or cleaning the house.  Did I?  No, I spent my day wisely.  I was outside.  I had a picnic on Harriet Island. The food was good or maybe, because we ate at 1:30 p.m., I was so hungry I inhaled the sandwich without noticing the taste.  We watched the other park visitors at Harriet Island.  Men, women, able, disabled, young, old, all colors, all nationalities, all enjoying a perfect day not doing chores; not being responsible; just enjoying one of the few perfect days in Minnesota before winter sets her claws into us.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...