Sunday, October 23, 2016

Press The Reset Button

Sometimes when politics (national or work related) get you down it is good to get out of town.

A trip out of town will press the reset button on my perspective.


How much do I love Itasca State Park?  I love Itqsca enough to hug a red pine in Preacher's Grove.

Preacher's Grove is a spiritual place.

And I am grateful to be here on this day in October that is warm and sunny and the air is completely still.  I breathe in the scent of the piney woods and rejoice!

We contemplate walking across the headwaters. I have jeans on. The water is cold.  My sister says, "I will if you will."  I agree thinking she won't.  She does.  I do too.  Bad decision!  The water is freaking cold!  Hurry up and take this picture before I die of exposure!

I dry my feet and am glad I wore wool socks today,  It may be cold but not too cold for this dragonfly on the railing of the boardwalk by the Missippi headwaters.

I have never been to Itasca in October before but was rewarded with a warm and lovely day. Tamaracks are so beautiful in October! 

I have been to Itasca a half dozen times before but never in October. We had a much more lovely day that we could normally expect. An October visit brings out the beauty of the Tamaracks.

I walk through  the pasture following the cow paths.  I realize how much easier a flat sidewalk is than a cow path.  This oak is lovely.

The sun is setting.  This day has helped me regain perspective.  A dose of nature has done me good.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...