Thursday, October 20, 2016

Nutshell

If you are pregnant, if you know anyone who is pregnant, if you know anyone who will become pregnant I suggest you not read Nutshell by Ian McEwan. From the first sentence this is one of the freakiest stories I have ever read.  Imagine a worldly, educated, wine loving gentleman is inside a uterus and commenting on the behavior of his mother, his father, and his uncle. I never did catch on but this is the story of Hamlet as told by a fetus.  Creepy in the extreme!  But also captivating. I read the whole thing.  When I first finished it I thought someone ought to get Ian to therapy as soon as possible.  Now that I know it is the story of Hamlet I feel much better about his mental health.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...