Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fall Color Road Trip

After driving through Collegeville, avoiding crowds of people all wearing red shirts, we saw this red shed.

We saw this lake.  The sky was cloudy but the colors were still pretty.

We saw an elk and an elk saw us.

We saw a prairie with woods in the background.

We drove slowly with the sun roof open down this road and

up the next all the while enjoying the beauty of fall.

I saw a push me/pull me truck and had to get a photo of that!

Where was this?  We have no idea.  We drive aimlessly around the Avon Hills.

We stopped in Cold Spring.  I always have a good time in Cold Spring.  At Grumpy's two handsome young men approached us selling meat raffle tickets.  I told him, "I'm a vegetarian."  My friend bought two tickets.  As she is fishing out her money I look at his shirt and say, "Look at this shirt!"  His tshirt has two words on it.  The top word starts with an F followed by a t-bone steak and a u, a c and a k.  The next word spells lettuce. Those two words become our phrase for the rest of the day, uttered whenever we see something lovely, unusual or just downright strange. We see these Trumpeter swans with one cygnet too.

In Rockwood we drive to Eagle Park where we see this very large eagle nest.  After a few minutes of searching, we see an eagle too.
We see some lovely tamarack trees with golden needles.  Nice day for a fall drive.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...