Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Canticle for Leibowitz

My book club has been in existence for almost 40 years. The anniversary of the first meeting will be in this fall.  I found out that the first book they read was A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. I decided I should read it too. At the library they had the story on audio CD's so I got that. What I didn't realize was this was a radio play. I put the CD in and heard these strange sound effects. I look around at the cars next to me wondering if they were making the noises. I looked at  the dashboard of  my  own car and nothing was amiss. Then I thought it  was my phone making noises. I turned the CD player of my car off for a minute and then put two and two together. I forgot how much I like radio plays. This one was very good. This is a science fiction story about nuclear bombs, the end of the world, the separation of church and state, and also a guy named Leibowitz. I enjoyed the story and I enjoyed  the music and I enjoyed the sound effects.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...