Sunday, May 12, 2019

Embracing the Joy of Today

Today Offspring #2 took me out biking at the trail near Rice Creek in Shoreview. Here I am coming down a hill by the white pines making a face and sticking my legs out to the side for comic effect. We had a good time biking around the creek. We even saw a Baltimore Oriole perched in a tree singing in the yellow leaves and looking so lusciously orange. After that we returned to her house, put the bikes away, and walked to a Mexican restaurant near her house. I had cactus tacos and they were delicious! I feel very fortunate to be here on this day, able to bike, able to walk, and able to eat tacos.  Offspring #1 called while we were eating and I talked to him standing outside on the sidewalk. A great day like this doesn't happen all that often so I want to embrace the joy I felt today.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...