Thursday, May 16, 2019

Glad!

Tonight on my way home after work I saw a group of 7 people on the side of the highway. All of them were wearing safety green vests and carrying bright yellow bags. My first thought was that this was a nice group of people. But then I felt dread for all of them. I knew what was ahead for them. For the past four days the carcass of a doe laid at the corner of my road and the highway. Each day she gets a little more bloated. Each day her long legs are spread a little wider apart because of the pressure in her abdomen. When I got to my corner I let out a sigh of relief. Someone had dealt with the deer carcass. I felt glad. Now the people who adopted the highway would not have to deal with a four legged carcass of a doe.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...