Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Angry Birds

Today I had a work meeting at a local restaurant called the Muddy Cow. I got there first and no one else from my group had arrived yet.  Inside the restaurant there was one long table with about 25 people seated wearing matching black t-shirts. Evidently a group of nurses had just graduated and were celebrating together. Their voices were very loud and some beer got sloshed so I went out to the patio. As I waited for my group to arrive I hoped they would want to sit outside. They agreed and the six of us sat on the patio together. We were dive bombed by loud and agitated barn swallows. The waiter apologized for the angry birds and he put umbrellas on our tables so we would be safe from the sun and the defecations of these swallows. One woman in our party pointed out the swallows sitting on the  head of a fake owl and I just had to take a picture. Not only did the fake owl not scare these swallows but they used it as a perch.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...