Thursday, May 2, 2019

Ten Years!

Last night I got a letter in the mail from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency thanking me for monitoring streams for ten years.  Ten Years? Wow, I didn't think I was doing this for ten years. When I first started monitoring I would get presents in the mail like a hat or a mug or a binder. Now the letter  states that the volunteers said  they don't need  physical gifts like that so we just get a letter.  That is fine with me. There is an appreciation gathering and I have attended a couple of those in the past.  I  might go again this year if it's convenient for me. I think the MPCA does a good job appreciating the volunteer efforts compared to some other agencies I have dealt  with. I think it's nice to have a reason to view a stream every week.  Spilling water on my shoes isn't so fun.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...