Monday, May 27, 2019

Frontenac

This weekend a group of us went camping at Frontenac State Park. The size of the group varied from 2 people to 5 people and one dog. We occupied cart in campsite #1. We ferried our belongs up and down hills using a cart. We weren't alone at our campsite. A yellow bellied sapsucker flew through 30 or more times a day. A couple of chipmunks visited. A chestnut sided warbler came too. A pair of Baltimore orioles sang a very cheery sound back and forth. The oriole tune was so catchy we were all singing along. We enjoyed two marvelous days and one rainy day this weekend. We explored the trails, joined a guided nature hike, went fishing, told stories, sat around the campfire, made meals and cleaned up after meals, and enjoyed the beauty of this park. While it is true that most of my camping clothes, my pillow, my sleeping bag, and my shoes are wet, I have to say it was overall a great experience. One great thing about this park that I did not know before I got there is that it has no mosquitoes. The lack of stagnant water really makes a difference.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...