Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A Little Life

I read Hanya Yanagihara's novel A Little Life. This was a long book to read and the subject matter was difficult. The story is about the lives of four men who meet in college and goes until they are middle aged. Two are wealthy and two are poor. Two have parents and two are orphans. All four men are successful in their fields of architecture, acting, artist and lawyer. Three of the four men are willing to share their concerns and issues with each other. One of them is not. The story is mostly about Jude and why he won't talk about himself. Jude's life includes disability, chronic pain and self-harm. Although his friends love him and admire him Jude doesn't believe he is worth loving. Like I said, this was a difficult book to read but I was totally engaged in the characters. I am glad I took the time to read A Little Life.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...