Thursday, May 14, 2020

Becoming

I listened to the audio book Becoming read to me by Michelle Obama. She writes an interesting memoir. She was surprisingly honest. The first section of the book is about her youth in Chicago growing up in a small home and sharing a bedroom with her brother Craig. The duplex was owned by her aunt and uncle who  lived down stairs where her aunt gave piano lessons. Michelle did well in school and went on to graduate from Princeton and later got her law degree from Harvard. The middle section of the book is her life with her husband and the birth of their two children. She met Barack at the law firm where she worked where she was asked to train in a new lawyer. I could tell this couple is very much in love. I had to laugh when Barack first ventured into politics. Michelle was not so excited about the idea. She confessed she thought for sure he would loose the election. The last third of the book is about her life as First Lady. I enjoyed the book. Hearing her voice read it to me was nice too. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...