Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Little Fires Everywhere

My former book club read Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. I wasn't going to be a part of this book club anymore because I moved 150 miles away but since the pandemic we have been meeting using the Zoom format. I joined the Zoom meeting and enjoyed this discussion. This best seller was written about the town of Shaker Heights, Ohio in the 1990's. Families in the town are brought together because their children attend the same school. The kids gather at one hour or another and watch the Jerry Springer show together. I think my favorite after school show was Dark Shadows. I think Dark Shadows was a better option than Jerry Springer but that is just me. I enjoyed the book and most people in my book club enjoyed it too. The story is about mothers and daughters for the most part.  Pearl is one daughter and Izzy is another daughter. Ironically both Pearl and Izzy think the other girl's mother is preferable to their own. Sometimes that happens in life. This book has been turned into a mini-series starring Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington. If I had Hulu I would definitely watch it because I enjoyed the characters in this book and would like to spend more time with them.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...