Tuesday, June 2, 2020

A Prayer For Travelers

Richtka Tomah wrote A Prayer for Travelers. This book had me so confused at first I kept going back to the beginning. The chapters are out of order. The first chapter is 31. Who does that? Eventually I figured out I was going back and forth in the life of a teenaged girl in Nevada named Cale and the chapter numbers indicated how old Cale would be. That took me a while to understand. Frankly I was annoyed by the unconventional chapter numbering system. But I liked Cale and her friend Penny. When Penny doesn't show up for work at their job at the diner Cale goes looking for her. Frankly I wish I had a friend like Cale. I don't think Penny deserves her. This author is skilled at character development and scenery description. Once I got past the chapter numbering I enjoyed the book.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...