Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Most Exciting Thing Seen On Superior Hiking Trail So Far


Here is the most exciting thing I have seen on the Superior Hiking Trail so far. What you are looking at right here is proof a moose stood on this very trail. This is moose scat! Not fresh moose scat but moose scat nonetheless.

And here are some little white flowers on red stems. I don't know what they are but they are unusual.

I hiked from the Rossini Road trailhead to McCarthy Creek. My hike was 3.3 miles which brings me to 54.7 miles completed and 278.3 miles left to go on the Superior Hiking Trail.

This is one of several vernal pools I hiked past.

These mature maple forests are wonderful to walk through. The understory is lush and green. Sunlight dapples through the maple leaves refreshing my soul.

If I wasn't so busy watching the ground so I don't fall on my face I could see more beauty by looking up through the trees.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...